Note: Some grade 7 sections are under construction and still link to old content. Also note, there may be minor changes to the curriculum from year to year, teachers always check with your Curriculum Advisor and students, check with your teacher. Click on the feedback icon on the right if you have anything to contribute or if you have any questions.
1. Human evolution
2. Early trading systems
- Indian Ocean and East Africa: Arab trade, Swahili coastal communities, and links with Great Zimbabwe - ninth to sixteenth centuries (under construction)
- West Africa and trans-Saharan trade: salt, gold, slaves and ancient trade routes, centres of learning, historical reporting - ninth to sixteenth centuries (under construction)
- European trading systems in the Middle Ages - fourteenth to sixteenth centuries (under construction)
- Dutch settlement, the Indian Ocean slave trade and slavery at the Cape - seventeenth and eighteenth centuries (under construction)
- Africa and the Atlantic slave trade - sixteenth to nineteenth centuries (under construction)